U.S. Credit Strategies professionals are direct lenders and underwriters of commercial real estate loans in the United States across most asset types with an emphasis on office, retail, multifamily, industrial and hotel properties. Borrowers include owners, developers, opportunity funds and public real estate companies throughout North America.
The role of Director, U.S. Credit Strategies, is to cultivate new broker and borrower relationships while ensuring the objectives related to capital deployment, profitability, risk and service are met.
* Primarily responsible and accountable for developing new strategic broker and borrower relationships and resulting capital deployment.
* Core focus on floating rate mortgages ranging in loan size from $30 to $100 million.
* Work closely with the Head of U.S. Credit Strategies to execute capital deployment strategy and financial objectives.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with key mortgage bankers, mortgage brokers, developers, commercial real estate investors and other sources of third-party commercial mortgage loan origination opportunities.
* Actively manage a pipeline of commercial real estate loan opportunities.
* Prescreen and qualify loans prior to the underwriting and closing process.
* Interface with the underwriting team to prepare credit presentations for credit committee approval and provide insight for portfolio reviews.
* Participate in presentations to Screening and Investment Committees.
* Work closely with internal and external legal counsel on legal issues arising from the management of the commercial real estate portfolio.
* Uphold active market presence within the community and industry associations with the purpose of promoting CBRE Global Investors and cultivating potential prospects and referral sources.
* Active development and communication of CRM (Client Relationship Management) strategy to drive prospecting and relationship growth for CBRE Global Investors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Minimum of 10 years of related real estate business experience.
* Proven track record of originating commercial loans.
* Recognized management & interpersonal skills.
* Expertise in structuring and underwriting commercial real estate.
* Excellent analytic, negotiation and technical skills.
* Strong intellect/creative thinker.
* Ability to disseminate oral and written information in a concise and thorough manner.
* Collaborative personal/professional style that advances a collegial partnered approach to meeting corporate objectives.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Argus and other technology platforms.
* Advance degree / formal Credit Training preferred
Internal Number: 20004425
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.