We are looking for a creative, talented and team-oriented interior designer. The ideal candidate should be passionate about design, work well with people, and communicate your ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner. You will work collectively with our dynamic firm to develop innovative, thoughtful, and technical solutions for a range of client and project types.
Who We Are
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and good at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of publications from ARCHITECT magazine to The Wall Street Journal. Learn more
KSS Architects is an architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia and Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
We founded our practice on the strength of a collegial approach to problem solving. Since then, an expanding circle of clients in a variety of markets has relied on our dedication, creativity, and ability to bring a project to successful, timely completion. The proof is in our growing body of acclaimed designs, ranging from dynamic workplace environments to innovation centers to hospitality complexes
Salary: Based on experience
Instructions: Email résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolio must not exceed four pages and 2 MB in size. Online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of related practice area experience required.
- Strong creative design and drawing skills, graphic and oral design presentation skills.
- Experience in all aspects of interior design practice, including programming, design, detailing, furniture planning and selection, and/or finishes preferred.
- Corporate, workplace and institutional project experience.
- Ability to manage project teams, project budget, and workplan.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior designers.
- Have a working knowledge of industry standards, codes, and construction design.
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail, strong technical skills, and problem solving.
- Strong and respectful verbal and written skills; within the office, to consultants, contractors and clients.
- Familiarity with manufacturers of major furniture, materials, and finish.
- A commitment to responsibility, integrity, and accuracy.
- Experience with client interface, networking + relationship building.
- Strong design and visualization skills
- Fluency with REVIT, AUTOCAD and 3-D modeling programs and Adobe Creative Suite
- Legal working status in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- FF&E design and documentation including preliminary budgets
NCIDQ certified or pursuing certification
About KSS Architects
KSS Architects is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia, Princeton and New York City. KSS is certified as a woman-owned business enterprise. Since our founding in 1983 we have built an impressive portfolio of work for leaders in the fields of education, commerce, and community.
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We consistently use creativity to turn opportunity into reality. We are relentless and fearless in our reimagining of what places can be, creating meaningful innovation that realizes many goals at once.